#1 aWEIL

aWEIL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:57 PM

I have been wondering this for awhile and trying to do the "best practice", but what db level should a beat be for upload to youtube/beat stars/ website for listening and selling purposes? I actually just followed BG's mixing guide image about mixing between -15 and -25 and got one of my best mixes ever on the beat, but now with the volume being so low I am wondering where to go as far a making it loud again. I plan on just using FL studio but I wonder if it is the best practice to actually master a beat before vocals are on it?

#2 BG Support

BG Support

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 689 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:26 PM

I have been wondering this for awhile and trying to do the "best practice", but what db level should a beat be for upload to youtube/beat stars/ website for listening and selling purposes? I actually just followed BG's mixing guide image about mixing between -15 and -25 and got one of my best mixes ever on the beat, but now with the volume being so low I am wondering where to go as far a making it loud again. I plan on just using FL studio but I wonder if it is the best practice to actually master a beat before vocals are on it?

After the mix, I always master the track and then send to the artist. Usually most small local artists don't care and those that do will ask for trackout, so increase your lease price by 10 bucks for the trackout on a lease. I just had a customer 2 days ago purchase a beat that way with no hesitation, bouncing the stems took less than 5 minutes and he paid the higher price with no problem. WeTransfer is a great tool when sending trackouts due to the file size. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users